As you can see the baking itch got the better of me and I am knee deep in pumpkin-y goodness and spicy aromas.
This is also the time of year to start thinking about Halloween and costumes. My mom was the champion costume maker. Everything was hand made and we had to have our options locked in mid-September so she could sew away. And these weren't lame-o ghost costumes, they were the real deal. Pro sports uniforms with hand stitched lettering, elegant princess gowns, Rambo with glow in the dark ammo belt. I remember the first costume I insisted on making for myself, I was a firecracker. I made a basic shift dress out of red felt and decorated it with glitter and made an explosion of red, white and blue tinsel headband. I think I wore it over a white turtleneck.
So what are the baby and I going to be this year? Pregnant bride? Thats always funny...
5 comments:
Your post made me happy and excited for fall! Today is a perfect day to wear boots and I think I'll follow your example and make some pumpkin bread this week. Unfortunately John hates all pumpkin flavored things so I always end up pigging out on it myself.
I love that picture!
i was an 8 ball when i was preggers with alex. people loved it if i do say so myself. super easy to make. i wore all black & made a big 8 out of white felt. ah, sweet memories! :)
oh, and the 8 went on my belly. :(
That picture is soooo cute! I love seeing old pics of people! Great to see you doing good and im so excited for your new baby! I LOVE seeing all the cute things you are making!! Keep it up!!
Post a Comment