Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby Crafting: Animal Rattles

I don't love stuffed animals. I feel like more than not they are a breeding ground for bacteria especially for toddlers who just suck on them and then proceed to drag them around the house.

Nevertheless, I couldn't resist making some soft animal rattles. I found the pattern for the elephant out of a book I got at the library. This book has lots of great patterns for soft toys, Toys to Sew plus if it uses up scraps and makes toys for relatively free, I am game.

I then adjusted the elephant pattern to make the lion. Steve thinks the elephant is a little creepy because the fabric is so crazy. I guess it does kind of remind me of those psychedelic huffalumps from Winnie the Pooh.

Each toy has 3 bells inside that jingle when shaken. I have enough bells to make one more but can't decide what to do, hippo? snake? giraffe? we'll see.

4 comments:

Schoenstars said...

you're the best mom ever!

Lori said...

they're so cute! i vote for a giraffe, in case you were longing for my opinion, and baby-basket phobia eh? i guess that's okay. We can still be friends. ;) See ya thursday!

Cyn said...

You can always wash the toys with the rest of your laundry! Librarians do this all the time with toys & puppets checked out from the library.

Your aunt, The Librarian

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

those are soo cute! You could totally sell those!