Mostly I have been actually completing projects which is a wonderful feeling. As a crafter, I am very flighty and as easily distracted as a fish. I start a project, lets say the baby's bedding and then find out how wonderful burp cloths made out of cloth diapers are and then I find a book on making soft toys at the library. It spirals out of control. Literally. But this weekend I stuck to my list and got things checked off. Don't get me wrong, there are still at least 20+ projects on it but some are just going to have to wait until I am bored, at home, on maternity leave.
First when I reupholstered the glider, I thought it needed a pillow. I had all these wonderful scraps left over from the bedding so I made this pillow. I think the ruffles add a nice, non-girly, softness to the room. I have used this idea before in my etsy days.
Second, I wanted a nursing pillow (isn't boppy like the dumbest name ever?) but who wants to pay $35+ for one? and then another $10 for a washable cover?
So after many attempts at creating my own via this tutorial, I bit the bullet and bought a pillow form at Joanne fabrics, with my 40% off coupon it came to $12.
Then I had wanted to make some receiving blankets out of flannel and cute fabric. Plus this was the perfect practice for quilt binding. I love the sweet animals on the far right one and the transportation on the left. I got these great fabrics at Broadbents in Lehi. It is the BEST fabric store in the valley. I have had the hardest time finding cute fabrics that are not girly but still pretty and not all sports teams and garish primary colors.
Are you overwhelmed yet?
Well, I am. I am going to save the rest for another post. Man, I need a life. The crazy thing is I still have plenty of time to waste and not waste with Steve.
1 comment:
I love your receiving blanket fabrics. They really are great. Ladies at work talk about that store a lot but apparently it has terrible hours?
Post a Comment