Today we had 20 minutes of pounding rain. I admit it, I watched most of it from my desk sending 2 phone calls directly to voicemail. There is something so beautiful about a gray sky, slanted rain and puddles forming in the parking lot. It makes me really grateful for my office window. And even though it doesn't open, I can still peek outside while my lunch heats up at our makeshift employee lounge and sniff up the fresh goodness next to the shipping docks.
And even though it was fleeting, I can still see fluffy gray clouds back lit by sun and emerging blue skies.
Next week we are being moved to another part of the office building and I am going to have to kiss my window goodbye. Goodbye window!
So for now while I eat homemade chicken pot pie and a bag full of cherry tomatoes (still on the vine!) from the garden, I can just be grateful for the view and for even knowing that we had rain. I bet next week I will have no clue if it rains and that breaks my sad-little-anti-cubicle heart.
I just feel very overwhelmed with gratitude right now, maybe it is the thought of my strawberry-raspberry shortcake waiting for me in the fridge. I think it is dessert time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment