Friday, September 25, 2009

Bringing out the Emotions

If you thought this was going to be another post about pregnancy, well you're wrong. Last night Steve and I, both, succumbed to so pretty emotional statements while watching the latest episode of Project Runway. Think more anger and bewilderment then tears...

First of all, I would like to say that I have been annoyed at the constant absence of Michael Kors and Nina Garcia (hola). I never thought I would miss them but I do, bring back our judges and stop with these boring fill ins.
The challenge was to create a costume for a character from a movie genre. Most people did okay but I just feel like they keep missing the mark when it comes to selecting the winners.

Nicholas won with his evil ice queen and while I thought Celine carried it off well with her dark hair, I just didn't think it was as good as some of the others.
I loved this vampire bride-to-be victorian thing that Christopher did. Is it just me or is Christopher really good? I mean, surprisingly good.
Steve and I also really loved this Annie-get-your-gun western creation of Epperson's, who we think has been sadly under rated the whole show so far. Speaking of being underrated, I think Logan has also been overlooked a lot too except by the models who are all obsessed with him.
And I know his sea creature, sci-fi thing was awful, I didn't think that Ra'mon should have been kicked off. I'm still mad about it. It should have been Louise who was boring and predictable.
Anyway have a great weekend and enough ranting from me...back to work.

6 comments:

Steve said...

I agree that Logan is way underrated. Epperson is the man and should have won last night. If not him, than Christopher. I just don't get the show this season.

P.S. the secret is out. I watch Project Runway and enjoy it quite a bit.

jenny said...

totally agree about both christopher & epperson last night. by far, they had the most creative pieces. epperson's ensemble blew me away. i absolutely loved it!!! ra'mon got the shaft. his piece wasn't the best but he should still be there. i am so sad for him! i want michael kors back!!! i'm glad you watch pr, steve. sometimes i make matt watch it. i know he secretly likes it. :D

jenny said...

i also love that christopher is from minnesota. you don't have to be in nyc to do fashion. :)

Three Strong said...

I love love LOVE Christopher's design.

molly said...

I think Christopher totally should have won, or Epperson, absolutely. You guys are right on. I like both of them. I like so many of the designers this season. I thought Louise should have gone home instead of Ra'Mon. Oh well.

Natalie said...

Oh, I was so mad they eliminated Ra'Mon. He has won multiple challenges and is much more creative and interesting than Louise. He was one of my pics for top 3. Grrrr . . . And, yes, bring Michael Kors back! I don't think Eva Longoria qualifies as an expert judge. Hope all is well!