Monday, February 13, 2012

Simple Idea: Happy Birthday Cupcake Card

 I love birthdays and I love sending cards but since I want them to be special and unique and handmade, I never get around to it. I guess I should simplify my criteria...

Anyway so last fall I came up with a plan and it worked out great. My dad's birthday was coming up so I put the plan into action. I "designed" one mega card and then made copies for everyone and made them all at the same time. I even put them in envelopes, addressed them and stamped them! I sent one to my grandma and Steve's dad too. I figure they wouldn't know that they all got the same card until they read this blog post right?

The card idea was simple. Put a cupcake in a strategic area where Henry would find it then take 100 pictures of the event while encouraging him to chow down. Once the cupcake was consumed and the pictures looked through, the story kind of wrote itself. I printed each set, glued them to card stock and then sewed them into a simple book. Done and Done!




Now I just need another story for everyone else since you can't send the same card to people if they live in the same house. 
P.S. I love the cream in his eyebrow.
P.P.S. Afterwards I tossed the sheet in the washer and Henry in the tub.

6 comments:

Southern Belle said...

That is the cutest thing ever! It could totally be a real card even if you don't know Henry! So funny!

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

SO CUTE! I am totally doing this when Evie's a little older!! thanks for sharing!

Editt said...

That is too cute! Awesome job, Beckie!

Lori said...

such a cute idea

mom said...

Beckie,
I want my "own" Henry card on my birthday. No sharing with Larry.

Unknown said...

This is adorable!