Thursday, November 4, 2010

Simple Fall Wreath

I saw this wreath about a month ago and haven't been able to get it off my mind. So I took a break from Christmas inventory and spent an hour making this for our dining room. I am tempted to keep it up all year as the colors are lovely. And this literally can be made for less than $5 if you already have a glue gun. The wreath was $1.99 with a coupon at JoAnn's and the fleece was .61 cents-all you need is 1/4 a yard. I found the fleece at Hancock fabrics, they had a nicer color selection.
Simply cut strips of fleece (mine were about 1/2 inch by 9 inches), roll and hot glue to make a rose bud. Glue in place to the wreath and you're done. 1/4 a yard would be plenty to do the whole wreath but I liked the half done look. I think it would also be lovely with a bow or maybe some type of scroll that said "Happy Fall" or something in a script font. I also made some wool felt flowers but you don't need to. And to spice it up, I made some different shaped flowers by folding the fabric and gluing it. Literally I just made up shapes as I went. Just have fun.

And please excuse the kitchen table but papers and sewing machines are our lives right now. And a replacement for that awful chandelier has been purchased and is waiting for me to muster up the courage to replace it myself.

1 comment:

whitney allison said...

Cute, and seems super simple. It'd be fun to do in Christmas colors...hmmm...