Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jot 'Em Down


In our quest for Southern eating, Steve was recommended this restaurant by a local colleague. Jot Em Down, the way BBQ is supposed to be. The place was definitely rustic with corrugated metal sheeting and rough hewn wooden walls. I had the pulled pork platter with terrific potato salad and fries. The meat was good but I am just not feeling the southern take on BBQ sauce. Its crazy how different it could be. Our waitress said these sauces were made fresh in house by a true local, so they were legit.I like my sauce sweet with a little bit of tangy goodness. This was very vinegary and not sweet at all. Although there were 7 different kinds to choose from I just didn't love it. Mabe our next experience will be better.

After dinner we went and saw Step Up 3 at the $1 theater (did I mention we have a $1 theater here?) which was excellent as far as dance movies go. You don't go see a film like that for good writing or superb acting skills. The whole audience was really getting into the movie and you could hear people exclaim with amazement at some of the dance moves. We listened to hip hop music all the way to pick up Henry. Hooray for date night!

No comments: