
The leaves have only just started changing this week and I cannot wait because I love fall and I love pretty trees. Steve will tell you that I annoy him whenever we drive around by constantly exclaiming "Look at that tree." "Oh I just love the yellow." "Glorious fall." But with all the color changing, it is still hot here. Like in the 80's. And you'd think with it being November I could reasonably wear jeans, a cute blouse and a short sleeved open knit cardigan without sweating like a pig and throwing my nicely straightened hair back into a messy bun, but I can't. Oh well. No wonder all I want to do is wear t-shirts and yoga shorts and ponytails while sitting in the AC.
The above church is one I love in Winterville. The south sure has its share of charming churches. And lots of them.
On another note: Steve and I went to a fall party last weekend which was in someone's backyard and it was lovely. Lights hanging in the sky, bales of hay everywhere and dozens of soups to eat with yummy crusty bread. Guess what they were also serving? Opossum Stew! Literally, they had found and shot an opossum and cooked it into a stew! I totally forgot to try it and have something else to add to my weird foods eaten list. Welcome to the South!
1 comment:
That sounds like an awesome party! Maybe not the opossum though. What did it taste like?!
Post a Comment