Don't forget to enter the giveaway. Today is the last day!
So when we first got married we borrowed a table and chairs and then eventually had to buy our own. We bought the standard newlywed table with white legs and tan top for $15 at DI. Mismatched chairs, black paint and new upholstery got us a complete set for a relatively inexpensive price tag. Our table was fine. But every time we had guests over for dinner or I wanted to throw a party, I found its small size very limiting. You can fit 4 dinner plates, cups and one bread bowl on our table. Food had to be served buffet style in the kitchen and everything felt super cramped.
Once in Georgia, I was scouting out other furniture needs and stumbled across this table buried in the back of a consignment shop. It had all the things I love: mid century lines, 6 chairs including one captain's chair and it needed lots of love. And for $125 it was a steal. But I didn't get it. It wasn't a need but I kept thinking about it.
So Happy (early) Birthday and a little bit of Christmas to ME!
Yesterday we went and picked up this table and since it was still there and no one wanted it, the lady gave it to me for $75, table and chairs! Hooray! Isn't it lovely?
I love the base. And it came with 3 leaves (not pictured) so it can grow to 8 feet long. It does need some work, one of the base legs is loose and it needs refinishing or painting. Also the chairs need work too, look at that hot quilted upholstery! but I love a challenge and I can see the potential.
P.S. Now don't you think I need to get this couch? Wouldn't the person who owns this table also have that couch?
4 comments:
Amazing table and awesome price tag! Can't wait for the transformation. :)
Fabulous table and chairs. I love the couch, too, but light color probably not so good until Henry moves out!
Kid you not, I think my parents had the same table while I was a kid. What a deal!
That's an awesome deal, and you are going to make it look amazing! I'm excited to see it.
Post a Comment