Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trading Spaces and Sleepless Nights


Thanks for all the love sent my way for the fabric line, I really appreciate your support and encouragement!
 
After months I finally convinced Steve it would be worth it to trade rooms with Henry. When I first saw our new apartment floor plan two years ago I was mistaken to think that the upper bedroom had a walk in closet. Since half the closet turned out to be water heater and we were too lazy to move everything since we had just moved across the country, we stuck with it.

Well Monday we traded rooms and it has taken us over two days to gut everything, sort and organize it all and put it back together. But the exciting thing now is that we have our own bathroom! and I now have a closet dedicated entirely to etsy. An etsy closet. Hooray. No more, 300 pillow covers staring me down as I try to fall asleep each night. No more piles of cut but not sewn fabric making me feel guilty for spending time with my husband and not sewing. Bliss.

And on a less positive note, Henry does not want to sleep anymore. Last night at 11:30 he was literally bouncing off the walls and he hasn't napped for over a week. In part probably because we took his binkie away. The binkie fairy took them away to give to brand new babies who needed them. (Thanks Celia!) But he has only asked for his binkies once since we took them away and it was in the car. I don't think the new room is helping either but it hasn't seemed to make it worse since he's been like this for weeks. So we are all sleep deprived, a little grumpy and hoping this ends soon.

1 comment:

Andrea Nelson said...

good luck! The not sleeping thing is really hard. Stick with it, he will crash sooner than later! and thanks again for doing my dishes. You're a doll!