Over a year ago we had an FHE about noticing the good things in our life, the blessings and being grateful for them. (I didn't come up with this idea, I saw it online somewhere.) Often it is easy to forget about the little things in life that make each day good. So I challenged us to start a good things journal. At the end of each day, one of us writes down three good things from that day. We trade off each day and when Henry gets old enough, he will contribute as well. Even if we had a terrible day, we have to find three good things. They could be tiny, like hugs from Henry or big like hitting 1000 sales. Since I stink at journaling except blogging its an easy way to just jot down my thoughts and happenings.
It has been a fun way to journal moments from our past year. Here are some of my favorites:
beckie 6/24/2011: Don't cry over spilled milkshake
steve 8/18/2011: Coming home and seeing Henry point at me from the window
beckie 8/23/2011: working out and not wanting to die
steve 9/7/2011: Quik trip slurpee
beckie 10/6/2011: making flowers with Chelsea for opossum fest
steve 10/22/2011: Henry going down the big slide with no hesitation
beckie 12/6/2011: Last day of class for Steve breakfast celebration at Mama's Boy
steve 1/23/2012: 4th straight day of rain
beckie 2/12/2012: Henry pretending his toys are asleep with deep breathing
steve 4/27/2012: Henry's batman pjs
beckie 5/22/12: Playing monopoly with Steve and getting creamed (Johnson Square)
One thing I noticed while scanning back over the year, this was an easy way to record Henry moments, like the first time he did something, or funny little mannerisms that only lasted for a few days or weeks. I highly recommend this and can't wait to keep going.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this. I am horrible at journaling and blogging and I need to start somewhere. For me, simpler is better and this sounds both simple and fun. I especially can't wait to see what Danny writes. :)
Post a Comment