Monday, February 22, 2010

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

While Steve and I were wandering around Target last week we came across this in the $5 movie section. Since my VHS copy is warped beyond visibility, we bought it.

This is one of the movies that shaped my adolescence (along with Clueless, of course) and my best friends Michelle and Jessica and I would watch it over and over again.

Yes, that is Shannen Doherty, Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt. Steve and I watched it, he actually enjoyed it for the most part. What's not to enjoy? Great dancing, fashion and of course a victory for the under dogs. If you decide to watch it now for the first time, note SJP's dance double, they didn't even try to find someone who had the same slender calves.


Favorite Line: Velcro, next to the walkman and Tab is the coolest invention of the twentieth century. Hi, My name is Lynne Stone and I'm going to change it as soon as I'm old enough. (P.S. I secretly wanted to change my name when I was younger. What name would I have chosen? Monica.)

And on the 80's movie subject, we also rented Romancing the Stone from the OPL and semi-enjoyed it. Although I did thoroughly enjoy Michael Douglas's white pant suit.

4 comments:

Wes and Lindsay said...

Oh my heck!!! That is the movie me and my friends would watch every sleep over. I got my husband to watch it when we were dating and I ended up falling asleep. He must have really liked me to watch it alone:)

Michelle said...

That brings back such good memories. I should go buy me a copy for $5 and have Justin watch it with me.

Natalie said...

Such a classic! One of SJP's finest moments!

Megan said...

So cool! This was just on TV and I DVR'd it but haven't watched it yet. I think I've only seen it once. I may just watch some of it in the middle of the night when the kiddo is up! :)