When I get up to feed Henry in the night, I like to stay as asleep as possible. I keep the lights dim, I gently rock in my glider, I don't really talk or make eye contact with him and I don't read or watch tv. I have found that this makes it a lot easier for both of us to fall asleep when he is done eating.
So what do I do?
I think. I plan out quilts I want to make and I write blog posts in my head. 95% of those posts never make it to the world wide web. Why? Because I am too tired or busy. But today I am writing the one I thought of last night.
I like blogging. I like talking. I feel like I have things to say. Not that people are particularly interested in what I have to say, I can't be that narcissistic. But I know that people are reading my blog. I feel like since I am home most of the day, having one sided-second person conversations, blogging is a way for me to get some type of response.
So I want to thank you readers, whoever you are. I know you are out there, even if you don't comment (I have the ever so handy blog counter that lets me know you are here) and I want to especially thank those who do comment. I know I never respond but I do appreciate your visits and thoughts. a lot.
It's sad to admit but seeing I have comments really brightens my day. So in return for the comments and the visits I will continue posting and maybe one day I will get around to putting up pictures of all the crafty things I have been doing. Maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey Beckie- I really enjoy reading your blog and I'm so glad I came across it. I keep meaning to start a blog, one of these days it will happen. Sadly one of my roadblocks is that I can't think of a name for it...lame, I know. Congrats again on being a mom and hope you're having blast with it. Take care!
Hey Beckie,
I am always checking and reading your blog so keep it up. Henry keeps getting cuter and cuter and i can't wait for the opportunity to come and see you all. And did you know our husbands have the same birthday? Crazy!
I love reading your blog, Beckie! It's fun to read about what my kid is about to do, since yours is a few weeks older. Keep me posted on what to expect! Have you tried nursing lying down on your side? That way you could even stay in bed! Some people really like it, but I prefer to get up and watch TV or else I get kind of bummed out just staring into darkness at 3 a.m. That's when I watch all the shows I'm ashamed I DVR'd...
Hi Beckie -
Nice to meet you... Found your blog via BECK-tastic! - my cousin Michelle. I have to say that even though I don't know you, and know little about your life other than what I read here, I'm always checking out your new posts... Your writing style is fantastic : )
Thanks for sharing - Amy
I know I always enjoy the pictures of your projects!
Hi beck beck. I love your blog! I had a dream that I met cute Henry the other night, so I guess I just need to book my flight and make it come true!
Post a Comment