After settling in we headed over to the Seattle Art Museum to see an exhibit about Japanese fashion. Steve was a trooper so I buzzed through it but could have spent more time drooling over the creative craftsmanship. First Thursdays are free museum days in Seattle so we got in for free too. We also checked out the modern art wings where they were exhibiting the massive works of collectors Herb and Dorothy Vogel. We had watched their documentary so it was interesting to peruse their pieces.
After the museum we headed down to the pier and ate dinner at Red Robin. We saw lots of colorful people and street happenings. I miss being near a city sometimes. But then other times, I don't. Marijuana delivery, anyone?
The pier now boasts a new ferris wheel. We didn't go on it as it is pricey and the lines are longer than the ride.
After our wedding we spent a couple of days in downtown Seattle so it was fun to hit some of the same spots.
This huge gum wall is in Post Alley that leads into Pike's Place. It smelled fruity and minty.
I just thought this was hilarious. Oh, people...
We checked out the library too. I know, we're nerds. But the building is so cool and interesting. I mean look at these glowing citron escalators!
To end the night we got take out dessert from the Cheesecake Factory (carrot cake for me and chocolate cake for Steve), Diet Coke and milk from a convenient store and relaxed in the pool a bit. We turned in early thanks to jet lag and just being comfortable enough with ourselves to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Sleep is the ultimate luxury.
The next morning we got to Pike's Place early for mini donuts and fresh peaches. These donuts are amazing. Get the cinnamon! We talked up the guy and he ended up tossing in more than a dozen. It pays to be friendly and throw around the phrase "We came here on our honeymoon..."
I had to buy some flowers for my mom, so gorgeous and for like $10. After the market we were followed by rain the rest of the day. Not pictured were a trip to the temple, shopping and lots and lots of traffic.










No comments:
Post a Comment