Henry has been looking forward to preschool all year. Ever since we visited last spring and registered him, he has asked when he gets to start preschool. Sometimes he just wanted to drive by and see it. Finally the day has come! He will be going to preschool three days a week for three hours each day. Its the perfect transition into full time Pre-K next year. I really wanted something for him that was structured and fun where he could learn to sit still, listen to other teachers and meet new friends.
Last night we picked out his school clothes, Henry chose his outfit and readied his backpack. We also had an FHE about learning and read story books about going to school. We also talked about receiving father's blessings and Steve gave him a sweet blessing to start his school year off right. This morning he had chocolate milk and blueberry muffins as requested for breakfast.
The backpack! We got it before our trip so he could carry his things on the plane but it ended up being perfect for school too.
We chose to go to the preschool at a nearby Methodist church that was recommended by friends. Henry has two teachers, Miss Jody and Miss Mary. We met them at an open house last week and Henry was so excited and taken by them, he hugged them both that night. He was also sad that night because we weren't going to leave him there for preschool that night. I had been talking with him all summer about how I would be leaving him at preschool by himself. I guess he was ready to start.
Here is some of his work from the first day. He didn't really have a lot to say about what they did except that he went potty, ate a snack and played on the playground. It turns out they also did a worksheet where he actually traced the letters and wrote his whole name. It might be out of order but that is the best R he has accomplished so far.
So excited!
He was totally ready for this. Walked right in and got to work with his play-doh. I know we made the right choice with this program. He also didn't want to leave at the end of the day, he started moping when I showed up and kept telling me that he was really sad and mad that we had to leave preschool.




5 comments:
Oh man, we miss ms. Mary and Ms. Jody so much! So glad he had such a great day!
He is getting so big. I love when kids write their names like that.
Thanks for this. So glad Henry was thrilled to go to pre-school. Wish we lived closer so he could tell us about his adventures. xoxox
He looks so happy! The twins start preschool in two weeks.. I know I can't wait:)
How awesome for Henry! Preschool is the best! Have fun, Henry!
Post a Comment