Wednesday, August 28, 2013

bexcaliber: Athens Magazine

 Since many of you are on Facebook and instagram, you probably already saw this but for the rest of you here is my feature in Athens Magazine. At the beginning of the summer I was contacted to be in the magazine for their Home Issue in the fall. Over the summer, I had a nerve-inducing session with a photographer in my apartment. A real life photographer! I tried to remember all my Tyra Banks learned skills from watching seasons of AMNT. I tried to smize. It was a little awkward but kind of fun. His original idea was to have me laying in a huge pile of pillows (!) Luckily, my home is cute. Not to brag but everything looks so good in the shots. Hopefully it will catch the eyes of readers and inspire them to visit my shop.

The pictures definitely outshine the article as they misquoted some of my history and my name. Just call me Mrs. Caliber. I kind of like that actually. Maybe we should change our name, Steve? At least they got my website right, that's the important thing.


I actually really like this shot and the first one which weren't included in the magazine but were on their website. Except can you see our cluttered deck in the background? Don't look. Just look at me catching the light. 

Overall I am pleased and so grateful for this opportunity to share my work. I feel so blessed to have been chosen. It was the perfect shot in the arm after a lazy summer.

Also I am so glad I learned about lipstick before this, it makes a huge difference. And I am glad the photographer had me put on shoes. That could have been weird looking...

You can read the online article here.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Beckie, you look amazing! Also your house photographs really well. You've decorated it so cutely!

Cyn said...

Congratulations! What a thrill and honor to be featured (again!) in your own article! You look beautiful (no surprise there) and your pillows look great. But seriously, what a bunch of dopes not to get your name right. At least they got your website right, which, as you say, is the most important thing.