- Gwinnet Braves Game! Last weekend we went out for Henry's first baseball game. In reality we all just chatted with friends, caught glimpses of the game and Henry rolled down a grassy hill. The above picture is kind of blurry but it was the best we could get. Henry was in sweaty heaven just running around with all the other little kids there. And it was the perfect night, kind of chilly especially for August, I had on jeans and a sweater! We recently had two weeks of mild gorgeous, get-outside weather.
- Steve and I watched Can't Hardly Wait one evening on netflix. It was kind of fun to throw back to the high school days. We were cracking up at the soundtrack, remember Eve 6? And colored tinted sunglasses and cameos by Jason Segel and Selma Blair. The next morning I found Third Eye Blind up on itunes. Ah the 90's.
- And speaking of the 90's, why do I keep seeing overalls and Doc Marten boots everywhere?
- I have been sick the past couple of days which means I will spontaneously fall asleep while Henry is watching tv. I even commented to Steve just earlier last week, "Who do you think will get sick first now that you and Henry are back in school?" Sucker. It was me.
- I have finally caught up on whatever season number this is of So You Think You Can Dance. I have been watching them online and organizing my pinterest boards during the boring commentaries. I am hooked though and can't believe how great the dancers are this year. Amazing. Also watching hours on end of dancing has made me kind of believe that I can dance. I have found myself doing little moves as I go around the house. I have to rein this in before a public display leads to an embarrassing moment, probably at the gym too.
- This past weekend we went and played frisbee golf in Watkinsville. Even though I totally stink, I had a great time until Henry started whining non-stop. Later we found out his shoes and socks were soaked through. Poor guy. In the end, Steve beat me by about ten strokes. Why you got to be so good at everything, Steve?
- A couple of weeks ago, we had to go and get one of our tires patched. So I dropped it off at the tire place and Henry and I walked to Publix to get sandwiches and eat lunch. After not hearing from them, we went on the Barnes and Noble and killed about an hour waiting. On the walk back, we stopped into Rue 21. I know.... Well I happened upon a pair of cute patterned pants. Having recently gotten the itch to try the trend, I was on the lookout. And for $20, why not? So I braved it and I am in love. Next up, layering more with vests.
- Since the weather is back in the high 80's we have been soaking up the last moments of summer. Last week we went to the pool and the beach. I do love summer. But I also want fall to be here. Those two weeks were such a tease. I can't wait to wear boots and leave my hair on my neck.
Monday, August 26, 2013
Lately...
Since we got back from the trip we have been treading water trying to get back into a routine for the new school year. Here are some things we've been up to in the midst of chaos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Ha! John and I just rehashed the 90's through Can't Hardly Wait too! I was trying to ask him if he ever wore JNCO pants. He had no idea what they were and so I had to point out Seth Green's character to him.
That solo pic of Steve is so...Steve! :)
Love that you guys went to the Braves game!! Just sad we didn't get to go with you! I am going to start keeping up on blog reading now, just to see what everyone is doing, because I miss you all so much! So, I am starting with your blog, because I love seeing what awesome adventures you are up to. And because you guys are great! :)
Post a Comment