As you have seen from my magazine article pictures, my home is really bright and colorful. I am not shy about using patterns or colors or both. I love mixing crazy finishes and tacky brass into something interesting. I am an eclectic.
This week I wanted to subdue my color scheme and go for a more pastel approach. Did you know pastels can still pack a punch? I choose this lovely, velvet seafoam couch because it is daring even though the color is soft. It was the perfect complement to my starting point, the Early Morning Print by ashleyg on etsy. The dark silhouettes of the mountains/trees really highlight the bright sunrise colors. The black is echoed and lightened in the abstract pillow's wispy greys and the grey chair. (P.S. Ikea has really been stepping it up on the chair front recently, you should check it out.) I also loved this whimsical Accordion Sea Print by thelittlecanoe, also on etsy. The colors are perfect and the two narwhals had me with their pink heart spray. I paired it with this frame from IKEA that looks kind of sea-battered and nautical. Add a wooden side table for texture and an exotic patterned rug and you're set.
Today I featured three amazing etsy shops whose overall work and aesthetic I admire. Check them out!
Abstract Pillow Covers in Black and Pink by bexcaliber on etsy
Early Morning Print by ashleyg on etsy
Stella Floor Lamp from Urban Outfitters
Modern Wood Wall Clock by uncommon on etsy
Samode Denim/Ivory Indoor/Outdoor Rug from Dash and Albert
Accordion Sea Print by thelittlecanoe on etsy
Jallvik Frame from IKEA
Chloe Metro Living Sofe in Seafoam from Macys
Mellby Chair in Black/White from IKEA
Dru Sculpture from Haus Interior
Bentwood Side Table from West Elm
You can find all of these items on my pinterest board

2 comments:
You are amazing. What an eye! Maybe you should start thinking of going to design school (??) once Henry starts school full-time. I know people would pay you to do their interior decoration.
Love that sofa!
Post a Comment