One of the best things about all this new cooking is acquiring new kitchen gear. I have been slowly starting to fill in the gaps in my kitchen arsenal. Three new cutting boards, a knife sharpener, a spoon rest. Simple things that I have been slowly buying. My favorite new purchase by far is a cast iron skillet. For awhile now I have wanted/needed a pan I can use on the stove and then pop in the oven.
Anyway, my first recipe with the skillet turned out really great. It was super easy and flavorful. I had jotted it down in my mead recipe notebook years ago so I don't know where it is from. I also only used half the chicken since there were just three of us. Since I put less chicken, I actually overcooked it a bit. So watch your times if you are using less chicken or potatoes. Everything tasted good though and the lemon slices added a nice tartness.
Pictures are bad. They are from my phone.
skillet roasted lemon chicken with potatoes
1 large lemon, sliced
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp rosemary
6 chicken breasts
1 pint cherry tomatoes
8-10 small red potatoes, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 450*
2. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer on bottom of cast iron skillet or roasting pan.
3. Combine oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken, tomatoes, and potatoes. Toss to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on top of lemon slices in a single layer. Top with vegetables.
4. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Looks good. How do you keep the lemon slices from sticking onto the bottom of the pan? Was cleaning the pan (especially cast iron!) difficult?
Do you like your knife sharpener and does it fit to all knives? I need one of those. I would also LOVE a cast iron skillet - but that will have to wait. I love all the recipes you are sharing!
Post a Comment