Tuesday, July 2, 2013

eaten: Oven Baked Fries

When I was in college, I had a roommate who thought those bags of frozen french fries were healthy. "They're just potatoes," she claimed. It was heartbreaking to show her the ingredients. The plates and plates consumed showed on her face.

And while I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I also love french fries. Let's see if we can make them baked and still delicious, with only potato and a little bit of oil. And I know I am not delusional to believe these are healthy, they are just a healthier option than the deep fried variety. So it took me about three times making these to finally get it right. I tried Gwyneth's version first but I had lackluster-stuck-to-the-pan results, this is the same recipe but tweaked a bit by Annie.

Lightly oiling the pan and then sprinkling salt and pepper on it was, I think the saving technique. Also flipping each wedge individually is kind of a pain but worth it. 

Directions

No comments: