Monday, November 5, 2012

bexcaliber: branding

Lately I have been thinking about gradually rebranding my company. As much as I still love the red chair on aqua design, I don't think it is really relative anymore to what I am doing. So I am going to start trying out new graphics using the geo modern fabric line as inspiration. I have also wanted to start incorporating this branding in my packaging. I am always impressed when I order something and it arrives in thoughtful packaging. Sure it is easy and cheap to just throw your product in a bubble mailer but I feel like I can do better. You know what I mean? It is those little things that keep customers happy and coming back for more.

So I created a couple of stamps. I selected this star pattern which I loved but never made into a fabric design (that will be amended immediately) and the word "thanks." I have to say, I loved scraping out these designs on this soft rubber. So fulfilling. Luckily months ago I thought it would be a good idea to dabble in block printing and I already had all the materials on hand.

This was such an easy project and I can already envision myself surrounded by an army of hand carved rubber goodness. Too bad I only bought two blank stamps. Just a hint: when doing words make sure you write it out backwards so it prints correctly. I wrote the "thanks" backwards with a super thick Magnum sharpie.
So I have been stamping my mailers and tissue paper for wrapping and I love it. Each stack of outgoing pillows is wrapped in tissue paper and closed with a sticker. I think it was totally worth all efforts. Well, I outsourced some of the stamping to my friend so I could finish up Christmas. Thanks Andrea! Mailers have fewer stars, this was just a demo but Steve and I both agreed too many looked sloppy.
 
And a new business card too. Getting ready for craft show season and the holidays.
I just feel like this design is way more the direction I am going. So now I need to revamp my shop banners and avatars but that is a project for another day.

3 comments:

Cyn said...

I loved the red chair on aqua, but this looks great! Your endless talent never ceases to amaze me. xoxox

Emily S. said...

Wow. I love it! It's so you.

Megan said...

Ooh, I love the business cards! It's perfect.