A couple of days late but better than never, right?
With the rush of Halloween-it being the first holiday of the season-and then the burn out of holiday activities combined with the anticipation of Christmas, I kind of feel like Thanksgiving is the middle child. I spent so much time and energy making Halloween special for Henry that by the time Thanksgiving came around, I was done.
1. We make a "I'm Thankful for..." poster. We had a special FHE about being grateful for our blessings and then we started listing on this big piece of paper what we are thankful for. We tape it up and for the next few weeks we jot down our ideas. Henry actually seemed to understand it this year and here are the things that he was grateful for:
crayons, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, water, Mommy, Daddy, letters, stickers, pirates
Sometimes he would say funny things too like he was thankful for "W."
2. We watch all the Thanksgiving episodes from Friends.
We had a nice day with a big dinner hosted by our friends the Gardner's. We brought homemade rolls and homemade stuffing. After overeating, we headed home to recover and that night I braved Walmart to replace our broken Wii. They actually had everything well organized and except for one fight at the Xbox games between a mass of football player sized men, it was pretty civil. I was home by 8:20 to eat another piece of pie and relax.
Happy Monday! I hope that you are being as productive as I am.

No comments:
Post a Comment