Monday, August 20, 2012

the unlikely...

We're going to start Monday off with a little quiz about me, don't worry it is multiple choice (and its ungraded).

1. Which of the following items is something I would least likely do?

a. give up Diet Coke
b. sign up to do a 10K
c. habitually clean my bathrooms
d. all of the above

2. Which of the following items have I agreed to do?

a. give up Diet Coke
b. sign up to do a 10K
c. habitually clean my bathrooms
d. all of the above

I won't actually make you comment with your answers, I'll just tell you. I have found myself talked into doing a 10K. Me, the non runner. Me! Crazy, I know. Can you believe it? My mind still boggles.

So wish me luck. I started training last week and so far I actually like walking/running. Its not as terrible as I imagined it would be. I was envisioning a strong giant hand squeezing my lungs into submission while a hundred daggers repeatedly stabbed my thighs and calves but overall I have found I am more capable than I thought. You were right, Stacey Bennum and Jillian Michaels. I am capable of working out hard.

5 comments:

SeeJulieStamp said...

Good luck Beckie! I wanted to do a 5k but never got around to it. lol. I just hope you have a friend to do it with. That would have helped me even get started.

Emily S. said...

You mean, you're completely giving up diet coke? I'm impressed!! Good luck!

Southern Belle said...

hahaha! You crack me up... so funny! You rock! And are going to rock the 10k!!!

Schoenstars said...

Oh yay! It may seem daunting now, but take it from another non-runner, you will be amazed at what your body is capable of. Best of luck. I'm excited for you.

Charlotta-love said...

I've committed to running a 10K by the end of the year. That wasn't a problem when I was in Georgia. Now that I'm in Utah, I can't find any after next month. Ulg. Good luck. When is yours?