No new couch pictures today. Sorry.
We have been in a funk around these parts lately. Its both good and bad.
The good: Steve is home and done with school for three weeks. He turned in his grades yesterday but was pretty much done Tuesday. Having Steve around brings out all sorts of unheard of daily luxuries like going out to lunch and watching a movie in the middle of the day.
The bad: We are not handling the change well. I am a creature of habit/routine/schedule and I am thrown off. Henry is the same way. Part of it comes from lack of motivation to achieve anything right now beyond the basic everyday functions. I attribute a small aspect of this to the fact that we picked up the first three discs of Fringe Season 1 at Vision Video and have been devouring J.J.Abrams magic. But the other main part of it is I'd rather just be hanging out with my husband who plans on relaxing for a bit. And why would Henry nap if he could stay up with Dada?
So I haven't photographed the couch, I haven't cleaned anything of late and last night I couldn't fall asleep until 2:00 am because I drank a Diet Coke at 9:00-my schedule is off. As much as I love vacation, its very unsettling to have your routine messed up and to constantly be in a state of blah. Granted I love being like this for a little while until I start to get stressed out about how much I am NOT doing. Then I freak out, laying awake late into the night thinking about all I have to do, fueled by a manic caffeine drive to be on the go.
So today I am forcing myself back into a routine and we're going to the beach (hard life) and I even got up early and surged through a stack of pillow covers and packaged up all my open orders.
Have a great weekend! Enjoy Mother's Day!
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I get the same way when my routine is broken! When we came from two back to back trips a few weeks ago we turned into messes and so did our house. Lately I've been protecting our weekday routine like a Faberge egg!
Post a Comment