So I have these purple flats I bought at Target a couple of years ago. In fact, I hardly ever wore them last year but I know I have worn them lots in the past so I must have bought them when I was pregnant. They are nothing special except comfortable. I was going to throw them out but then I thought I might be able to jazz them up a bit. My original idea was to take fabric scraps, pictured, and make some kind of ruffled loop thing. Well it did not work out. It looked super heavy and forced. My next plan of attack was black ribbon ruffles. That didn't work either.
Feeling discouraged, I got out my trimmings box and tried everything. Could I make zippers, sequins, rickrack work? I even tried some gold chain. Finally I found this small bundle of light blue lace tucked into the corner. A Triumph!
Note: After having worn them several times, anything you glue on the sole of the shoe will come off. So make sure all trims and or fabrics are neatly folded just above the sole. I had to reglue some areas.
4 comments:
Great idea and very cute results.
oh my goodness!! I am in LOVE!
Those are so cute! I love them too:)
So I was reading your list of things you wanted to do before you were 30 and I think you swam in the ocean on our girls trip right? Oh and if you need a lawn to mow, ours is available;)
Post a Comment