After church Steve let me nap all afternoon and then we had dinner and relaxed. Even though I didn't do much for him, Steve knows what a wonderful father I think he is and nothing makes me happier than to see my boys together.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Father's Day
For Father's Day, I gave Steve the ultimate gift of having him take care of Henry alone for two days. Arriving home late Saturday night, I was glad that I had prepared ahead of time and had a roast in the freezer. We kept it low key but we still wanted Steve to know what a wonderful dad he is, I mean how many men would just let their wife leave for a whole weekend like that?
Henry's first day of nursery also was Sunday and he walked right in, didn't even give us a second thought and was fine the whole two hours. He even decorated this tie for Steve that says I love (heart) you. Of course, his only real decorations were tiny little faint scribbles but it was cute nonetheless.
See how proud he is of it. I'm so glad nursery was a success and now I have to remember how to sit through three hours of church again without an excuse to leave Sunday School.
Being in the R.S presidency, we put together something for the fathers in our ward. I guess in years past they haven't received anything. Lame. So I made 50 huge CD sized chocolate chip cookies, packaged them in cd holders (an idea from Pinterest) with a Happy Father's Day sticker on the back. The men loved the geeky tech reference and the cookies got rave reviews. Find the recipe here.
After church Steve let me nap all afternoon and then we had dinner and relaxed. Even though I didn't do much for him, Steve knows what a wonderful father I think he is and nothing makes me happier than to see my boys together.
After church Steve let me nap all afternoon and then we had dinner and relaxed. Even though I didn't do much for him, Steve knows what a wonderful father I think he is and nothing makes me happier than to see my boys together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is a really cute idea. I love the tie Henry made. Adorable! I'm impressed Henry did so well in Nursery. I'm excited for Noah to start nursery in a few weeks!
The cookie idea is great! I love it! In our ward they did store bought rice crispy treats . . . You were much more creative!
I like that picture of Steve and Henry. Yummy cookies.. I could eat about 50 of them right about now:)
Post a Comment