Thank you everyone for your fabulously nice comments over the past few days. Refashion week has been a lot of fun and I'm glad you're not sick of my mug yet. And if you are, thanks for not sharing your thoughts in the comments. Plus, I would totally sensor it if you did. And I am so glad there were lots of fellow Tremors fans in the house. Anyone also grow up watching Big Trouble in Little China? Another favorite to craft to! Anyway, on to today's refashioning.

This is one of those items that I bought weeks ago put in a pile of fabric somewhere and never touched until my refashion week. Its so funny how these little projects take minutes but I am just lazy and put them off. And then when I finally get to it, I think, "Man, I could have been wearing this for weeks!" Anyone else do that?
Things this dress had going for it:
1. The fabric is awesome, although sheer, I definitely need a slip with this one
2. It was $3
3. I love the pockets
4. It is a Sears Zip and Dash dress, yes, that is a zipper in the front. So you can throw it on, zip it up and DASH
5. It is modest enough to not need layering which is super important here since it is already in the high 90's.
Things not going for this dress:
1. Its HUGE and shapeless
2. When I came out for the before shot, Steve said, "That is an ugly dress."
So I applied my trifecta of refashioning techniques: take it in, shorten the sleeve, bring up the hem.

I LOVE IT! Plus, on the same shopping trip I found that belt which matches perfectly. Thrift stores are the best place to find belts besides Forever 21. This belt was only 60 cents. And please excuse the fact that my slip is hanging out. Tacky, I know. It won't happen again! But look how nice my legs look.
4 comments:
Loving refashion week! I have done that for years, purchased things with the intent of making a slight alteration and mostly never end up doing it. You have inspired me to look at things that way again. It keeps things cheap and I have to deal with the humidity now too!
Beckie - You are amazing! I'm so going with you the next time you go thrifting. I need your vision! (my mom and I have been amazed while looking at your blog tonight. I'm loving all the refashions!)
Adorable!! I want one! You are super talented.
I wish I could borrow you to go thrift shopping. classsy cute!
Post a Comment