Here are some of my finds of late:
Monday, July 6, 2009
Secondhand Scores
I've always been a thrift store enthusiast but when summer comes along yard sales are my forte. I love the thrill and anticipation that good deals and excellent finds are just around the corner. I am always tempted by a good sign with a bold color and a hearty arrow. Just one more, this could be the sale with that must have item. As fun as it is, it is not for the faint of heart because it does take patience. Mostly its just people's junk and old clothes. But then you find that item that made waking up at 7:00 am on a saturday totally worth it.
Here are some of my finds of late:
Wide World, this goes out to my mom, a game from her childhood. It is a wonderful game and still has the original metal plane pieces. The box had completely collapsed so it was $1, nothing a little scotch tape couldn't fix.
Okay this is from DI but I love it. It was sitting in an abandoned cart, no one was around so I took it. I am thinking of spray painting it white. $3 for a totally gaudy mirror, now to find the wall space for it.
Stack of fabulous vintage fabric and dress parts, $4. The bright yellow is flocked polka dots, I'm a sucker for flocking. Summer skirts here I come.
And last but not least, we have officially become ghetto. Yes, that is an AC window unit complete with white garbage sack and painter's tape finishing. I bought this from a friend for $70 and I already know it was worth it. If I am going to be pregnant during the summer, lets just say this was a necessity. (We will be sprucing up the window, don't worry, a trip to Lowe's is in the works for this week)
Here are some of my finds of late:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We have become thrift store addicts of late. It's so much fun. :)
lovin' the rococo, gilded gold mirror. i have an oval one pretty similar. white would be way cute! i hope to see the finished product!
WIDE WORLD?! I want it! I love the photo of you and your dad peeking over the gold mirror. xo
That air-conditioning installation is embarrassing. Thanks for not letting everyone who was responsible for it.
Post a Comment