Monday, July 13, 2009

The Crib

Most of what I have seen in the way of nursery furniture is not my style. Big gaudy sleigh cribs and mammoth recliner gliders. Its huge and ugly. What is it with furniture that is just too big? I have been looking for furniture with clean lines and a modern feel. Of course anything that looks modern is immediately pricier, sometimes I get frustrated by my picky aesthetic but I refuse to have something ugly in my home, no matter how trivial it might seem. Try finding a baby swing that isn't hideous, I still haven't found one I can live with.
I found the crib I love and guess what? Its $1700. Ridiculous, huh?


And even though I despise Walmart, I'm excited to have found this pretty similar knock off there. Yeah! and for only $250. The only thing I don't love is the top of the white sides but its close enough. And there are drawers in the bottom.

We'll refinish a dresser we already have for the changing table and I found a glider that is not hideous for $35 with ottoman at a yard sale. I am going to reupholster the cushions and maybe paint it. I'm picking it up tonight so I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Schoenstars said...

man. gliders are hideous! and ones that aren't, are still huge, boxy, and expensive. good luck, my friend!!