So I am going to start doing a weekly or so pregnancy update, mostly for myself as a journal of sorts and for any of you who might be interested in whats going on, (hi mom). I have decided to keep them separate from the rest of my posts because I tend to be a pretty blunt and sarcastic person and if hearing about bodily issues, etc etc freaks people out, they can just skip the whole post.
I hate to start with disclaimers since this is MY blog but I would hate for someone to stumble across something too graphic that would scare them from ever getting pregnant themselves. (You know who you are.)
Okay lets get going:
The Pros and Cons of Pregnancy (to Date):
Pros:
-My breasts have never been bigger. Seriously my C cup runneth over... I can't believe it and they say they are just going to get bigger. I don't know how I am going to handle it once they are full of milk and totally ginormous! You would think this would only be a good thing-Steve loves it-but sometimes its annoying, like when you plan on wearing a fitted button up shirt and don't realize until midmorning that the button over your chest has popped open. Hmm...not so good or work appropriate. But I have never looked better in my bathing suit top...
-Everyone is super nice to you and accommodating, especially Steve. He carries everything, gets hard to reach things down and is always concerned for the baby. He was a great husband before but let me just say one thing, the foot massage is back. Enough said.
-There is nothing quite like seeing and hearing a growing baby inside of you. And even though it is very foreign and doesn't really register as "this-is-real", its pretty cool. I do have to admit, I'm not emotionally attached to the baby yet, probably because at this point it is more alien like than anything.
-My doctor gave the okay on diet coke. I knew he was a kindred spirit. I even saw one on his desk.
-After months on weightwatchers I can FINALLY justify white bread toast for breakfast. Mentally I can already see myself full of entitlement, I'm pregnant, I can eat whatever the heck I want. (Note: this will also appear in the Cons section)
-I don't have to go to girls camp.
Cons:
-Its pretty much like being on your period 24/7. Greasy exploding skin, I have never had a problem with zits. I mean in high school I had a couple every so often but nothing like this. To my own mortification they are everywhere, and I mean everywhere-have you ever had a zit in your armpit? well I have. And they are big. I am currently recovering from one smack dab in the middle of my forehead. Its the size of a dime, I kid you not. Its pretty intense, it was so big it never even was pop-able. Also I'm gassy and bloated all the time especially if I ever eat a big meal. Aren't you so glad you're reading this?
-I feel like I can eat whatever I want. Its awful. I was so good for months and now its like "get out of my way, I'm going to eat that donut and I don't even care." Eating for two, yeah right. You really only need like 300 extra calories a day. I'm working on this one.
-Weird dreams. I have had the weirdest dreams including but not limited to: dreaming that I had sextuplets who kicked Steve and I out of our bed and we had to sleep on an air mattress, a crazy dream about being handed my baby to breastfeed and then having it turn into a full sized grown up man in my lap, and the freakiest one where I was forced to wear only sweatpants everywhere because that was all that fit.
-I cry in movies. (Spoiler Alert) Mostly I have remained pretty stable emotionally, I even asked Steve and he agrees but for some reason during "He's Just Not That Into You" I openly cried when Ben Affleck proposed to Jennifer Aniston with those hideous cargo pants. And even worse, I secretly cried in 17 Again. 17 Again! Come on beckie, get a grip. But when Zac Effron "read" that letter to his wife I almost completely lost it and if I had been alone and not in the $1, I probably would have been sobbing.
-I'm hot all the time. especially in church.
-Today was my first failure at buttoning my shorts. I am really dreading the whole "you look fat and NOT pregnant stage."
Anyway that's it for now. That wasn't too gross, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
omg! you are cracking me up!! i'm dying here. so true abt the boobs. just wait until after the baby comes. your dreams are awesome. scary but with a twist of what could be reality.. my 3 yr old still sneaks in our bed every night. can't wait to read more on your view of pregnancy. btw, congrats, auntie!
I love it, Beckie! Exciting about the boobs, sorry about the zits. May I propose the idea that perhaps you were crying at the sheer ridiculous hotness of Zac?? Didn't you love that movie? I couldn't help it. I shamelessly loved it, and I will see it for a second time as soon as it hits our dollar theater here. :) Can't wait to read your updates!
its awesome! i feel like im actually getting to be around you and your pregnancy! i cant wait for more to come! glad your feeling pretty good! if you have a baby shower, i would like to try and come! we are not too far away! hope you have a good week! love you
I love this! The boobs thing is great! I will be looking forward to that and maybe should plan on getting pregnant during bathing suit season:)
I get pretty emotional already when I'm hormonal, so I won't be looking forward to that. I once started crying while listening to Tupac's Changes in the car. Keep these posts coming.
You're pregnant??!!! Where have i been??!! haha congratulations!!!! i'm so excited for you! :)
HELLO!?!?!?!? I didn't even know you were prego! Congrats! How far along are you??
If you're planning on keeping this thing true, its only going to get more graphic! Would you like me to tell you all about my hemoroids? They're a treasure.
So hilarious. Totally the highlight of my day, thanks! FYI, I totally understand the gas thing...with Landon it was horrific. I felt like an old lady who couldn't even hold it in. So not pretty. But I guess it's also the only time you have an excuse not to be ladylike. :)
Looking forward to more posts!
c-cup runneth over...patent/copyright that phrase. whatever it is you do to phrases. for real!!!! if Paris Hilton can claim "That's hot." and D-Trump can take "You're fired!" then why not?!?!? BAHAHAHAHA!!!
PS
congrats! i'm so happy for you and steve!!!
WOW!!! Congrats! This is great news! I must have missed the post that gave the good news. I am so happy for you guys.
I still have button-up shirts in my closet that won't fit over my boobs, and I have a 10 month old! So, if you plan on nursing, seriously just pack away those button up shirts, they won't fit for awhile!
I'm wondering why the sweatpants dream was so freakish. Sadly, that dream will likely come true for several months after the baby is born. Hate to break it to you...it sucks when nothing fits.
I hate the "is she pregnant or just fat" stage. Unfortunately, mine lasts for 9 months.
you must be angry at the baby whenever it steals your food, huh?
'oh, it's mine, not yours.'
but, you know, because you're family,
you guys share.
right?!
Hey Beckie,
We are so excited for you. I hope you feel good the whole time. It will be fun reading your blog and having updates.
Love, Aunt Carolyn
Post a Comment