Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Freezer Paper Stencils

If you are at all crafty, you're going to love this project I found online.

My sister in law just gave birth to two adorable twins and Steve and I wanted to send them a gift. I don't love matchy-matchy for twins but since they are a boy and a girl I thought it would be fun to make a skirt and pants out of the same soft grey corduroy and some coordinating onesies.
And then I remembered this freezer paper stencil tutorial I had seen online. Steve and I decided on a dinosaur silhouette and he even helped me paint them and despite the fact that I made him wear an apron, he enjoyed it. I think they turned out super cute and its really very simple and surprisingly precise.

She gets purple dinosaurs and two skirts, one is reversible because even at 6 months a girl can never have too many options.

And he gets green dinosaurs with cargo pants. I love the pants, I think they are so cute and little. Let me just tell you, making baby clothing is so fun and easy. Literally it takes minutes and hardly any fabric. This is going to be very dangerous for me in the near future.

4 comments:

Lori said...

So cute!

molly said...

holy cute!

whitney allison said...

Ok fine, you can make me some.

jenny said...

thx for posting that tutorial. they really did turn out adorable.