Monday, July 21, 2014

The Kid's Room

Finally got around to finishing the kid's room and cleaning it enough to take pictures. Don't mind Henry or the blur of a boy in these pictures. He could not/would not be shut out of the photo shoot.

^^^Henry playing with the train table in the center of the room / Embroidery "bed rest" project I already blogged about and this cute gift from my friend Wendi^^^


^^^^Henry's art was out of control, I mean all over the house. So instead of piling it up and storing it all away. I picked out some pieces and used washi tape to put them up on the wall. I love that the wall can easily change over time. The art clipped up below is not part of the permanent collection.^^^


^^^Our lucky find dresser. Another lucky find, that alphabet toy at a consignment sale. And yet another lucky find, a vintage lamp that I found abandoned in the basement storagearea of an old apartment.^^^


^^^A vintage footed bowl holds Vivian's accessories / I gave up half my fabric bookcase for hanging clothes and games and puzzles. Look all those tiny little dresses! / Blurry Henry trying to get in the shot^^^


^^^I wanted something big to go on this wall. I fell in love with making tissue paper tassels for my friend's baby shower so I thought I would make some for the kid's room. Combined with our alphabet cards, Henry chose the letters, it makes a festive banner. Does anyone else really love how their kid's toys looked when all cleaned and organized? ^^^


^^^Henry's bed is black because that is his favorite color. I made that Star Wars bed skirt to cover up all the storage under there. I want to do something different above his bed, I'm thinking some Star Wars art? but for now I have his monogram and a book tree print.^^^


^^^Vivian's half of the room. I sit there and feed her in the night. Tucked behind the dresser is a nightlight I bought to give me a little extra light without disturbing Henry. She loves the mobile when you spin it. ^^^


^^^Next to the basketball hoop, those tassels kind of look like pom poms, Go Team! / Our new monogram for Viv. I was able to commission one for her to match Henry's from our friend Molly.^^^

Overall I love how the room turned out and we love hanging out in it. I consider it a successful space as Henry will often disappear in there for hours. I love when he gets lost in the magic of toys and play and imagination.

1 comment:

molly said...

I really like how you surrounded the monogrammed guys with empty frames!
So cute.