Here are some things about Vivian at two months:
She loves baths! Absolutely loves them. To help her with a nighttime routine, she has a bath each night something we never did with Henry. She likes warm almost hot water and she loves when you pour it over her with a cup and not just trickle it on her with a wash cloth. If she is cranky, a bath is the perfect solution.
Big brown eyes!
We started her sleeping in Henry's room at 7 weeks. So far it is going well once she is asleep. It is hard for us to get her down for the night, she still struggles from 8-11 pm but its getting better. Kind of. I actually love having her in there as I was tired of her being in our room. She wakes 1-2 times per night and seems to sleep just fine in her crib. The first night Henry woke up when she cried and stayed up when she woke up at 5:30 am! But the next night he slept right on through the night again.
A funny story from a few weeks ago. Once I was back at church, it was time the lead the music again in sacrament meeting. Well I was leading the closing hymn and I heard what sounded like a really wet fart. I glanced at Steve and he was smiling and holding Vivian a little away from himself. I heard another one and Steve started laughing. It was Vivian! And I could hear her from the stand. She would continue to poop throughout the closing prayer. I was trying not to laugh and failing miserably. On the plus side, she didn't have a blow out.
Henry inevitably crashes each photo shoot with Vivian. I am lucky to get shots of her without him sticking his head in,
luckily he has a cute head.
She is getting so strong at holding her head up. Not so much with tummy time since she doesn't seem interested in doing anything but laying there. When we hold her up into a sitting position, she likes to look around and uses her neck muscles. She's a pretty curious and observant baby, she likes to see whats going on.
We call her Viv and Vivi. Other nicknames are Lady and Pretty Vivi.
Smiles!
Smiling is her new trick. Steve gets the best smiles from her by making goofy sounds.
She is a lot more fun these days and she can react to us more.
Henry continues to be very fond of her and easily distracted by her. Its cute how he talks about her. One day Steve was going to run an errand and he took Henry with him. As they were leaving, Henry said, "The boys are going and the girls are staying home!"
She's getting really close to cooing.
I love baby chatter.
Her squawking cry is kind of funny until she really gets going.
Her official stats from the doctor:
Weight 10 lbs 13 oz
Height 23"
Head 37 cm
She continues to be on the small size 10-25% for weight and head and 50-75% for height.
She is a pretty good companion and has successfully sat through three movies and is happy sleeping in her stroller or her carseat. She doesn't like the bright, bright sun which makes the splash pad and pool tricky but she can stick it out long enough for Henry to have fun.
So far she likes her binky but not like Henry loved his.









1 comment:
Oh my goodness! She is too cute!! How are you handling the balance of two kids now? Sounds like you're doing awesome!!
Post a Comment