One thing I loved about being pregnant this time around was working out up until I was 32 weeks. Once the blood pressure fiasco got under way I froze my gym membership and put my feet up to relax. And while sitting around re-watching dozens of episodes of Grey's Anatomy has been a blast, I am happy to be back at the gym. I am not quite ready to overhaul my diet yet but I am loving my first day exercising again.
I took it easy because my expectations were pretty slim. Thirty minutes of light weight lifting (like 7's) and toning and then walking a mile (I jogged for like 4 minutes and then slowed down). I was sweaty and sore and tired and so HAPPY.
I forgot about the mental clarity that comes when staring straight ahead on a treadmill. The bliss of being alone and doing something solely for you. A time when my body is mine. And only mine.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment