Making a crib sheet was SUPER easy and actually quite affordable. I found this tutorial from danamadeit and lucked out being able to order more of this sweet cherry print online. I already have white sheets from Henry but wanted something fun and since I fell in love with this soft cherry fabric while making the quilt, I just had to have it.
Plus I couldn't find a lot of crib sheet options in red that weren't thick chevron stripes or really bold. Nothing struck my fancy.
For the bumper I just covered Henry's old bumper but I found this tutorial useful for how to do the ties. I felt like last time the ribbons I used were just barely able to hold the bumper up. For the outer panels, I just used a red fabric from my quilt and for the inner panels, I made extra squares to match the quilt. I kind of just patched the whole things together, no really great sewing skills required just a little fudging here and there. I also don't plan on having this in the crib for months as I know they are a safety concern but eventually it will be helpful to keep little legs and arms inside.The crib skirt I bought at Target last time and love that I chose something neutral because I can use it again.
Here is the finished quilt! I used the same pattern as Henry's that I purchased off etsy through Kelly McCaleb's shop. Her shop is closed but I bet if you messaged her you could get the pattern too. I love how this turned out.
A medley of red and white patterns. This time I kept it simple by just folding over the backing to make the binding instead of using bias tape. So much easier.
The back is not one solid piece of fabric but all the scraps from the front. I love that it is chunky pieces and that you can see the white stitching contrasting on the red. Its like two quilts in one.


1 comment:
Oh Becks! I just got all caught up on your blog. I Love the Baby Cool art. The embroidery is so beautiful! I love the B's. The bedding is adorable. Her olive skin and dark hair will be so beautiful with the red. You look amazing. I loved all the maternity pics. Seriously, you are stunning. You are such a strong woman and so inspirational to me. I'm sure if I could accomplish all you do in your 15 minute spurts I would be wonder woman. Can't wait to meet the misses! Just three more washes! LOVES!!
Post a Comment