19 weeks and a photoshoot crasher who made a big deal about being in the shot and then didn't even smile
I was lazy and am totally wearing maternity jeans under my dress...
- So we found out the gender a week early. Usually reserved for 20 weeks, the BIG ultrasound takes lots of fuzzy pictures to check vitals and you can also see the sex of your baby. Since we were going out of town, they let us come in early. We actually went on Henry's birthday and brought him along. He was super excited but then got bored so he played Angry Bird Star Wars on Steve's phone in the dark room. When the lady announced it was a girl he said, "I wanted it to be a boy." He still insists he wants a boy but has lent a hand in naming her by saying she should be named Kimmi. He wanted the boy to be called Henry. So there you have it, a girl! We're really excited.
- Everything looks good on the health side and she put on quite an uncomfortable show during the ultrasound. She kept moving around and the tech had to press really hard with the camera thing.
- Other than being sick from a cold and coughing up my lungs and blowing enough snot out of my nose that I feel like little bits of my brain are draining out too, I am doing great. I haven't been to the gym because of my cold so my body is less achy.
- I also have two weeks off from seminary and will be clinging to whatever sleep I can get. Lots of naps are on my to-do list.
- And Steve and I have already had a chat about making sure our daughter is well rounded, not super frilly and is given more than just princesses to look up to. I am ready for the challenge! Even while perusing Target-which is where we headed right after the doctor-I was overwhelmed by all the pink. It is going to be hard work to make sure things don't get too frilly and girly. Luckily we had a boy first so all our basic toys are gender neutral.
- After the ultrasound is when I remember feeling like things were getting real with Henry. This is where I can start planning and figuring out how to make having another kid work. I can already see a shift in my mental attitude towards this pregnancy. Its time to start getting ready, there really is a baby in there, not just a floating blob but a little face and hands too.
- And I am excited because I saved a big stack of sweet fabrics just in case this was a girl, I was going to get rid of them if this was a boy, so I am excited to get sewing. I also already have a quilt plan mentally saved from last time; red and white! I think it will be really sweet with touches of pink and other soft colors. And its time to rearrange the floor plan in Henry's room. And its time to dejunk! Can you tell my nesting gears are already turning?

3 comments:
I love it, Beckie! You are going to have THE coolest girl. I can't wait to see what she looks like. And the crafting and creating for her. Fun stuff! Nesting definitely gets real around now. I'm so happy for you! Merry Christmas to you guys!
This is fabulous news! Thanks for sharing. You two will continue to be wonderful parents, regardless of the baby's gender. And it will be good for Henry to have a sibling--especially a little sister. Your blog is about to take a whole new turn! Love you.
P.S. The shoes photo is perfect! So clever.
Post a Comment