Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Henry: 4 years old

As it is Henry's birthday here are some thoughts from Steve and I about our wonderful 4 year old!


It’s hard to believe that Henry is already 4 years old. The past year has been a blur and as I think about our little guy I can’t help but think about how much joy he brings to our lives. Of course, being Henry’s daddy at times isn’t the easiest thing. Whether I’m telling him to do something for the 6th, 7th, 8th time, trying to wrangle him into his pajamas, or really wishing he would play by himself, it can be tough. But, when I look back at his insistent calls to “Daddy, look at this” or “Can I play on your phone” I can’t help but smile. Henry is a sweet, innocent boy. The thing I’ve probably enjoyed most this past year is seeing him grow emotionally. He loves to cuddle, give hugs and kisses, and spend time with his mommy and daddy every chance he gets. He loves to read stories with us, play games, and go on “adventures”. I’m extremely grateful for him in my life.

My favorite thing about Henry these days is his enthusiasm. Everything he wants to do he wants to do it "right now." Let's eat candy right now. Let's read this right now. And while sometimes this can be a pain, enthusiasm combined with determination can be exhausting, you can't deny his zest for life. He truly makes everything exciting even more so. Simple things like holiday preparations and even just FHE are met with delight. One of my favorite memories of the year was getting ready for Halloween. We had so much fun turning him into a werewolf, he loved everything about it. The hair, the makeup, the fake teeth and fierce growling. Something so simple became this huge joyful event.

As hard as it is sometimes, he truly does bring so much joy to our lives. I'm so grateful to be his mom. And yes, I am an emotional wreck (pregnancy+cold) and I am crying while I type this. Okay now off to party like I'm 4 years old.
All pictures from post are from our family picture photoshoot, they are fun peeks into the many faces of Henry.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HENRY! We love you! Uncle Tim and Titi Cindy