Monday, November 25, 2013

crafting: poinsettia pillow cover

I am all for keeping our holidays separate. Give thanksgiving a chance, people. But that doesn't mean we can't get ahead on a little Christmas crafting. Every year I plan on doing some new pillow design or fabric design with poinsettias and it never happens. After the season is over, I recheck my holiday list and realize, once again I have done nothing with this lovely flower. 

Well this year I decided a personal crafting project might be the way to go to get the task completed. I just browsed for pictures of flowers and kind of made up my own pattern. It took me about an hour to do-seriously its been on my list for years!-and I love how it turned out.
I am not selling these in my shop but I did cut some extra petals so will have a few available at my local craft shows in December. And I am contemplating a giveaway/contest. So if you love it and don't want to make your own, stay tuned!
You can find the complete tutorial and free petal template here on my website.

No comments: