We got this dresser for Steve at a yard sale for $35 a couple of years ago. It wasn't the best quality or anything but it was the right size and price. I have never really loved it, thinking of it more of a transitional piece. Well in an effort to lighten up our bedroom and kind of freshen things up, I had a brilliant idea. Lets spray paint it and decorate the front with furniture tacks. My before picture is obviously mid-refurbish.
So I spray painted the front of the drawers cream and replaced the hardware with new knobs.
Hint: When doing tacks, measure and mark design with a pencil and then nail a starter hole with a nail where each tack is going to go. Then nail in tacks. It was a lot easier doing it that way than trying to nail the tacks directly into the boards. Since tacks are so small, I nailed my fingers a bit before I figured it out.
I opted not to spray the rest of the dresser since I was both lazy and running out of paint. But I like that two tone look and it actually looks like I meant to do it that way. So I should have never mentioned it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
nice, it looks so good
That looks great Beckie! I love doing things like that. Fun! Furniture altering is my favorite!
Love the two tone, wood and paint! Looks good.
That looks awesome! I love the two toned look. It is actually a cooler look than doing the whole thing, I think. Very cool!
Post a Comment