I have no problem getting older. In fact, I kind of like getting older. The reason I don't mind? Am I crazy? No. The answer is simple: I am happy.
I have a wonderful husband who is my best friend. He makes me laugh and works so hard for our family. I have an adorable son who is "my cutest little guy" and who brings me so much happiness. I have two jobs that I love: being a mom and my etsy shop. I find those employments both challenging and fulfilling. I have interesting books to read, lots of tv to watch and loving friends to text and hang out with. Life is good. So bring it on, birthday! Add one more year to my age. I can take it.
So in case you were wondering, although I am sure you were not, what about my list of things to do before I am thirty?---------------------------------------------------------------->
Well, it has turned into more of a life list. I do have a couple of things I want to do before I am thirty though and here they are.
- Finish my spider's web quilt
- Catch up on scrapbooking
- Donate 30 quilts to charity, only 2 more to go!
So today is my birthday. In the spirit of Donna and Tom from Parks and Rec, I am going to "treat.my.self." That is right. I have my massage appointment scheduled, solo shopping this afternoon, dinner and a movie with Steve tomorrow, maybe a trip to Dunkin Donuts and plenty of diet coke coming my way.
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear beckie, happy birthday to me...
5 comments:
I am so glad you were born, Beckie. Happy Birthday to an amazing lady! Also, I am SO jealous you can go to Dunkin Donuts whenever you like. SO JEALOUS.
Love you!
Happy Happy Birthday Beckie!! you are so awesome, I hope you have an amazing day!
Happy Birthday beckie!!
Love you, chica! I am grateful for your blog, which helps me feel involved in your life even though you're thousands of miles away. Can't wait to see you and the family later this month. xoxoxo
I'm glad you were born too! All Beckies want to be borned! :) I don't know why I said that. I'm so glad you write this blog so we can stay in touch. It's fun to read about your awesome life. You're inspiring and hilarious and it's so fun that our kids are the same age. Happy Happy birthday Beckie dear! Happy days will come to you all year.... :)
Post a Comment