Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Refashion: Skinny Jeans (Take Two)

So the jeans I originally made into skinnys were super old. They are worn out and comfy but they are lacking that newness that I suddenly realized I wanted in a jean.
I found a pair of jeans at America's Thrift for $5. I liked the top and all the tabs and buttons and the exterior pockets but they were way too long and not skinny and a little faded.
So first step, dye them. I used Denim Blue by RIT and did a standard dye job. It was just subtle enough to erase some of the fading.

Now for the skinniness. I took in the legs, see my earlier tutorial here. I also hemmed them using this awesome tutorial from daciaray. Such an easy fix for hemming but keeping the original hem.

I am so happy with the way these turned out. Oh and this is one of me new favorite tops that I got for free from a free pile at the Restore. Oh and this is the awesome necklace my MIL got me for my birthday. She always gets me something that I love but from a nicer store than I would choose on my own like Banana Republic.  Oh and those are my crazy socks that I only wear with boots and apparently when I am lazy around the house.

No comments: