Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Checklist

Here is a list of things I have/will accomplish to get in the mood for Christmas. Items that are highlighted have been completed.


  1. Watch Elf
  2. Buy a Christmas tree (real, people!) and trim accordingly
  3. Eat a candy cane
  4. Watch Miracle on 34th Street
  5. Watch The Christmas Story
  6. Puzzle it up
  7. See Santa
  8. Watch Love Actually
  9. Watch The Holiday
  10. Watch The Family Stone
  11. Listen to a little N'Sync Christmas
  12. Listen to Carpenter's Christmas
  13. Read the Nativity story
  14. Drive around and look at christmas lights
  15. Read How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  16. Bake and deliver cookies
  17. Watch the Christmas devotional with the First Presidency
  18. Go shopping at the mall
  19. Hang Christmas lights outside
  20. Send Christmas cards
  21. Sneak a kiss under the mistletoe
  22. Watch Home Alone 1 & 2
  23. Wrap presents
  24. Craft something festive
  25. Watch While You Were Sleeping

What do you do to get all festive and Christmasy? Apparently, I watch movies.

2 comments:

SeeJulieStamp said...

I too watch a lot of movies. Several of which are on your list. It's a Wonderful Life is a family favorite and now I like to watch Trapped in Paradise too.
Also, this is the first time in over 10 years that I haven't put up a real tree. I settled for a 3ft fake. Last year, no tree. :/

Cyn said...

We've gone to an inordinate number of holiday-related plays this year: "Snow White Christmas" with Neil Patrick Harris (see my blog), a radio-reading of "It's a Wonderful Life" with Annette Bening, Bryan Cranston, Shirley Jones, et al (again, see my blog), and David Sedaris's "Santaland Diaries." But we still haven't bought our tree (real), so am not in the Christmas mood yet. Looking forward to this weekend!