Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Refashion: White Cardigan

I bought this white cardigan at Walmart. 3 or so years ago. Occasionally they will surprise me with a basic that is pretty great and cheap. I also bought it in green and black. Well the white one has seen better days, as in it is no longer white but that sad greyish color with little bits of yellow in there too. So it went into my "to-do" pile and got quite the makeover.I started off by dyeing it. I wanted orange and ended up with this lovely coral color by mixing part red dye and part yellow. I used Tulip Permanent Dye which I loved. Usually I use RIT because that is what Joann's carries but this dye totally trumps RIT any day. I have used it on several projects since and have continually been happy with the results.

Once dyed I looked for some type of embellishment. I scrounged through my notions bin and found this perfect lace I bought on etsy eons ago. I stitched it in place with clear thread and done.
Steve thinks it is a little granny but we don't always have to agree.

No comments: