Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Braves Game: Bobby Cox Day



On Friday Steve and I were invited to go to an Atlanta Braves game and we jumped on the opportunity. Babysitters acquired, we headed out for a night of major league baseball fun. It had been years since Steve or myself had been to a MLB game. We drove out with our friends the Johnson's and met up with some other people from our ward. Bobby Cox, the general manager was retiring but we missed the ceremony. Our seats weren't great, top tier behind right field but what can you expect for $7 tickets? The stadium was really nice, full of Atlanta home pride like a huge Coke bottle that emitted fireworks for every home run and a huge Chick-Fil-A cow. The Braves won by a landslide which always makes watching more fun. I forgot how infectious the atmosphere of a ballgame can be. I quickly found myself cheering along with the crowd and jumping up for each home run. We ended the night with a spectacular Friday night fireworks show.

No comments: