Monday, August 8, 2011

Mommy/Son Movie Date



The local theater here does children's early matinees during the summer. Henry and I went on a little date this week to see Shrek 2. We invited some friends and had a great time. This isn't the first time we have tried the theater. Henry's first movie was Toy Story 3 last summer but he just sat in his carseat the majority of the time marveling at the huge screen until he pooped and I had to go change him. And a couple of weeks ago we tried to go see Monsters Vs. Aliens and he wouldn't sit very long because I wasn't prepared with any snacks. Rookie mistake. This time we came armed with Dum Dum suckers, gold fish, water bottles-which he spilled all over himself, fruit snacks and a huge mess of wipes to clean us up. When he saw the sucker he got so excited that he chucked his binky and I never could find it. Overall he was able to stay put for about an hour and then he ran around in the front area of the theater below the stadium part chasing an unknown kid.

We had a great time.

No comments: