Monday, July 18, 2011

Reasons Why Today Was Better Than I Thought It Was Going To Be

I'm not saying today was a bad day but it just felt very blah. So in an effort to raise my spirits I am making this list.

1. Steve and I went to QuikTrip for the first time since living in Georgia. One thing for sure is that the west coast really knows how to do convenience stores. The east coast, not so much. I guess west coasters just love their plastic fountain cups and refilling them. When I found out they have QuikTrips here, I freaked out. Okay overstatement. But I was happy. QT has the best ice, crushed, pellet, rabbit poop-however you name it, it is the BEST. They also have these spill proof super lids. Genius. Whenever Steve and I would go to QT in Arizona I would put a couple of extra lids in my purse to bring back to Utah. Is it sad that a 32 oz fountain Diet Coke can and will dramatically lift my mood?

2. Henry now knocks on doors. Even if he sees a door in a book, he will knock on it.

3. We had leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. I love not having to cook but having home cooked meals.

4. I figured out that I had been threading my serger incorrectly for about a year. For some reason I was missing this one hook on my bottom red looper and the tensions would never work for me. Duh. I felt both idiotic and happy to learn my mistake. Now it works perfectly and I will be a lot less stressed out while sewing. And I will swear less which is always a good thing.

5. We saw Harry Potter on Friday-technically not something that happened today but still noteworthy. It was awesome. My goodness they did a good job. I was nervous because I hated the sixth movie and the seventh was kind of slow. All I can say is good job.

6. I had to buy a new phone. Henry's sippy cup of milk leaked out in my purse and ruined it plus made a huge mess at Jason's Deli. This sucked but the good news is now StraightTalk's cheapest model has a camera. A year ago they didn't come with cameras, so that is a good thing.

7. I made 15 pillows covers because of my excitement over #4, including three new fall designs.

8. We watched So You Think You Can Dance and I loved Jesse Tyler Ferguson as a guest judge. He is hysterical and adorable.

9. And now I am going to go pluck my eyebrows. Its time to face my laziness head on.

And that is it for now. Check back tomorrow for a double refashion!

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Oh how I miss chatting with you. I really hope today is such a better day. I'm jealous about the QT. I could use a 32 oz. diet coke. I think I will go get me one. You've inspired me as always. :)

Melinda said...

I love lists for therapy too! There's just something so soothing about them.