Thursday, April 28, 2011

Twister

Last night the sirens blared at 1:00 AM. I woke up suddenly and hit Steve who asked "What is that?" Tornado warning. My first thought grab Henry and get into the tub. But I couldn't hear the wind and I didn't hear any rain. So I fell back to sleep and nightmared about Twister. You know the scene at the beginning when the dad gets swept away? And the phrase "They had no warning." Those two things replayed through my mind for an hour. The sirens stopped. The rest of the night was sleepless and Steve and I got out of bed at 6:15.

We're fine. The tornado was only a sighting and it wasn't that close. So we are and were safe.

Never a dull moment in the south.

And yes, I checked Netflix today to see if they had Twister streaming online. They don't.

1 comment:

Celia said...

I TOTALLY checked after being in Raleigh for the tornadoes a couple of weeks ago. Those sirens are TERRIFYING! I am glad y'all are ok (And I own Twister and would totally let you borrow it if you hadn't moved thousands of miles away. One reason to move back!).