Sunday, April 17, 2011

INK: Interactive Neighborhood for Kids

While my parents were in town we kept it pretty low key. We did venture north to the INK Children's Museum and it was great. The whole place looks kind of boring from the outside as it is in a business park but once inside it was a whole community of fun. From a central street come a wide variety of businesses, a vet, a cafe, a grocery store all full of fun things to play with. Music rooms, beauty parlors, dentist offices and banks. I was overwhelmed by the detail. Henry's favorite things were the first room full of small playground equipment, the vet office complete with huge stuffed dogs and panda bears and the huge train tables. Most of it was lost on him since he is still little but we will be back in a year or so for more fun. I would recommend it to anyone and you can stay all day or leave for lunch and return.

1 comment:

whitney allison said...

Nothing makes me wish I were a kid again quite like a children's museum. Thanksgiving Point is supposed to break ground for one soon! How exciting.

So happy your parents came for a visit! I love them, they're so fun.