Monday, September 27, 2010
Fallen Cake
It has been raining pretty much non-stop for the past 2 days. And while I love rain. I don't love that it makes our front stairway slippery.
Case in point: Invitation to dinner extended. Invitation to dinner accepted. Dessert offered. Dessert accepted. Cake baked. Ganache made. Fast Sunday. Rainy Steps. Flip flops. Cake dumped down steps as I slip and fall. No damage to beckie or dishware done. Cake destroyed and covered in rain water and dirt. Wet and bruised butt. Half eaten bag of mini candy bars brought instead. Sad.
Hopefully the rest of the week goes better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry! I have melt downs when things like that happen. Once I made some cobbler to take to a sick sister in the ward and there was too much juice under the crust. As I backed up of the driveway the whole thing sloshed in a purple mess onto the backseat of the car. If it's any comfort, that cake looks very yummy!
Oh dear. Those pictures look sad! I'm glad that nothing broke. I hope some of it was salvageable :-). Thanks for coming over, we had a nice time. And, BIG thanks to Steve for getting the frog out of our house!
Its the flip flops. You can't wear flip flops in the rain. I slip and slide everywhere when I do. Sorry about your cake. It still looks yummy to me. Can I have it?
Post a Comment